Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hello Kitty Collection

No birthday party update for today because of Gaby's pedi visit but I'll show you her growing Hello Kitty collection. Yes, even 9 month old babies have collections and here is one: Hello Kitty.


Collecting HK for my daughter began when we were watching Youtube. I was looking for a way to entertain her while I scribble on my notepad planning to write a blog and decided child-friendly videos would do. I browsed Youtube and searched for nursery rhymes but the kiddie songs didn't seem to entertain her so I looked for cartoons. I randomly selected Hello Kitty's song, "Little Kitty" by Creamy and it instantly got her attention. She was so keen in watching and it was like she understood the video. Gaby would pout and shake my hand whenever the video stopped to make me pay it again. I then searched for other HK videos and found out that she really liked the rounded cute face of Hello Kitty.

After that, whenever we go to the mall, she would reach for HK stuffs so I thought she had recognized Hello Kitty. Once she had got a chance to rob one from a shelf, she wouldn't let go so from then on, I started buying her HK stuff.
This is the first item on her HK collection. A bedroom rug. Well, it's not really an HK rug; it's just a plain rug which I sewed with HK patches and silver butterflies.

I bought this HK lamp and the following stuff (below) from a mall with 20% off, yay! I love mall sales.

HK Heart- shaped pillow.

HK hotdog pillow. She can't use it for now cuz it's too big for her but, hey, it's cute!

HK pillow.

HK towel for adults. And lastly...

HK fabric which I hand sewed into a set of bed sheet, blanket and pillow case.

These are some of Gaby's HK collection which, as I said earlier, I bought from a mall sale and even though some of the things are a bit too big for her to use, I bought them anyway because I know she will use them in the future.

TIP (for buying baby stuff):

It's better to buy stuff such as clothes that are a bit bigger for your baby than smaller or exact ones. Babies grow really fast and if you buy stuff that are just the exact size, it will only be used for a couple of weeks because your baby will outgrow it immediately.

More HK stuff on PART II!

No comments:

Post a Comment