Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hello Kitty Room

Transforming a boring room into a Hello Kitty bedroom without a budget.

Since December last year, I have been planning on buying Gaby her own bed so she could move in her own bedroom next to ours. I wanted to move her to her own bedroom so I could decorate it with her Hello Kitty collection. But since she is still too small to sleep on her own, I decided to wait at least three years until I move her in the next bedroom. That's when I decided to turn our own bedroom into an HK room so I could still decorate Gaby's sleeping place with her HK stuff.
This is half of our bedroom which has the Hello Kitty theme. The other half, which I didn't take a photo of, is where the cabinets, drawers and boxes are in. I tried to separate the themed part of the room from the storage so it would look clean.

We just went home from our vacation in Cavite so I don't have the money to buy the HK furniture I've been eying for a while then so I just grab the HK stuff I have recently bought and decorated the room with them. It's far from being complete but I think it looks better than the older and boring bedroom we were used to.


I was planning on transforming the bed into a big Hello Kitty stuffed toy but I cannot find an HK bed sheet set or a good quality HK fabric so I guess I have to wait for quite a while until our HK room renovation would be complete.


TIP (wall decors):

If you're planning on putting on a big picture or poster of a famous character, say, Hello Kitty on your bedroom wall and you can't find a poster big enough or you just can't afford an expensive one, substitute it with an adult size bath towel. Just hang the towel with a string attached to hooks so you wouldn't need to puncture the towel with nails. Once your towel is already dirty with dust, you can just remove it from the string to wash without damaging the fabric.
Just like my HK towel from the photo above.*wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment