Sunday, February 6, 2011

First Valentine's as a Family


I don't know if I should look forward to the upcoming Valentine's Day or not. Well, I'm kinda excited because it will be our first Valentine's as a family. A complete family cuz now we have a baby. But on the second thought, I think it's better to just let the day pass as if it's just an ordinary day. It's not that I think Heart's Day is just for adults and it's not appropriate to celebrate with a baby. For me, Feb 14 should also be Family Day because it's a day when people love to give their hearts out just like Christmas. And you don't have to show your love just to your partner but also to everyone you love especially your kids if you have one.

So why the dilemma? Well, having a baby pretty much turns your wallet upside down so I think it's not practical anymore to celebrate Valentine's Day by eating out or seeing a movie. The money you could spend in your date could be deposited in your kiddo's bank account or educational plan instead. But... yes, but... it is also a special time because it is a FIRST in your baby's life. Wouldn't it be nice to take pictures on your Heart's day get away and make some everlasting memories? So you could show it to your kid someday and tell him how special that day was because he was already in the family.

Yeah, it was not Christmas so it was not as important as others might think it must be. But it is a day when people celebrate their love for one another...and that love brought that child to you both.
Yeah, I'm maybe being overly sentimental about this. I just want to make every firsts of my baby memorable.

The date doesn't help either. Valentine's is one day short from payday! Oh well, I usually get my money every 18th so it wouldn't help if for some odd reason they move VD a day late.


So I guess I'd better be planning this ahead so I could give hubby and baby something nifty without breaking the bank. Part II on Feb 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment