Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hair Fall Update

I've been suffering from hair fall for months now since I gave birth to my daughter. I'm not much worried about getting bald though because my OB assured me that it will go away after my baby's first birthday. But since I'm annoyed with my hair being all over the house, I decided to lessen the hair fall by taking care of my tresses.

Since last January, I've been doing some simple steps on taking care of my hair. Maybe you can use these steps too to avoid hair fall.


*Hair Cut My hair was down to my waist but now just down to the bra line. I had it cut to get rid of split ends and to lessen my burden of combing it out since my hair is curly. Yeah, not just wavy but curly. It would swirl into spirals when air dried. Also, the weight pulls the hair down and damages my curls. Naturally curly haired girls are not advisable to get long hair because it damages the beautiful curls and it is harder to maintain a long curly hair than a medium to short ones. But don't cut your curly hair too short or your hair will 'fly away'.

*Hot Oil I haven't used hair products on my hair when I was pregnant until I gave birth so my hair ended up bringing so dry. So the first thing I did aside from having a hair cut is hot oil. The hair stylist recommended Matrix Hydratherapie because it would hydrate my dry hair and it's also gentle so I won't lose more hair. It was a bit pricey but so worth it.



*Home Hair Treatments
Taking care of your hair doesn't stop at the salon. The best thing you can do to lessen your trips to the salon is home treatments. I sometimes put aloe vera on my hair. Yes, the natural aloe vera juice from it's thorny leaves. Gently pound the leaf before cutting it and applying the juice to your hair. That way, the juice would come out easily. It doesn't smell so good but try to let it stay in your hair overnight. I also use Creamsilk Hair Treatment. I just bought a sachet to try it out and it worked well on my hair. It wasn't tangled and it smelled nice too. I'm definitely gonna be using it weekly.

*Mild/Herbal Shampoo I used 6 in 1 Aloe Vera Hair Treatment and got great results. But I ran out and haven't bought another bottle yet so I tried Avon's Natural Anti-Hair Fall Shampoo and Conditioner. It has macadamia oil and aloe vera extract. I researched about the main contents and found out it really nourishes the scalp, preventing hair fall. So far, it is good and my hair is not as bad as before I had taken care of it.

*Scalp Massage I try to squeeze scalp massage on my daily (crazy) schedule. I would massage my scalp whenever me and dear daughter are watching TV. It stimulates the blood flow on my scalp making it easier for the nutrients to reach the hair follicles. I don't use any kind of oil, though. I just massage it. You can use macadamia or coconut oil if you want for additional care.

Hope these simple steps will help you overcome the dreadful hair fall. ;D

*some of the pictures aren't mine
hair cut=niaonlinedotcom
boilage=ukshoppingpagesdotcom
scalp massage=aromatherapy-for-youdotcom

No comments:

Post a Comment