Thursday, February 3, 2011

Save Up Save Up!


I love buying clothes and shoes and bags and every cute little thing that I think is a necessity. Which my hubby totally opposes because honestly, I always buy things that I think are cute but not really needed. Yes, I'm guilty of excessive shopping. I know it's a bad habit and it makes me spend the money I'm always trying to save. Now the house is almost filled with stuff I bought from the last couple of months since I moved in my hubby's place. But not all are invaluable. Hehe. Of course I bought some useful things especially the ones for my baby.

Nonetheless, I know I have to start saving money and practice frugal living. It will be dear daughter's birthday three months from now and the cost of the celebration isn't a joke. And also cuz before I know it, it will be time for my baby to go to school and I know I'll be scratching my head from the high tuition fee and others 'expensive' expenses we have to provide for our kiddo.


Sooo...as part of my (late) new year's resolution, I'll start saving money with these easy (ehem, hard?) steps:


*No Resto Just Fast Food

>Instead of dining in a resto where a simple dinner for two would cost over a thousand bucks minimum, I'd stick to fast food chains. We'd spend only Php500.00 or less and get our tummies filled and satisfied.


*Cheap is Hip

>Now, I don't buy clothes, shoes and bags that has more than Php500 in their price tag, which is as much as a small can of formula. Instead of being a brand loyal, I try to find stuff that are cute and has good quality with a price that won't break the bank. Yeah, some kikay may look at me with disdainful eyes but when you're a mom, you'll learn that milk is more important than shoes.

*Fewer the Better
>I tend to buy everything I think is cute until only a few bills would be left on my wallet. So, aside from buying cheaper stuff, I will also start buying fewer things at a time. I think I'll start by limiting my shopping list into 5 items and eliminate one at a time until I'm buying only one stuff every week.


*Wait 3 Days

>Starting today, I will wait 3 days before I buy something I think is cute so that I will have time to think whether I really need it or not. Yeah, the bad thing about this is when you finally decide to buy the stuff you've been eying, it's already gone. But think of the "loss" as something good like destiny didn't want you to buy that bag or shoe so you could save your precious money. These are some of my resolutions...more to come in my next post tomorrow. c",)

*picture from wellheeledblogdotcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment