Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Heart Jelly Mold?

Payday is still a week away and my wallet is beginning to deflate (saving up and being thrifty isn't my strong suit). But I don't want to ask hubby for even a penny because the stuff I'm about to buy is my gift to him this Valentine's Day. So I rummaged the kitchen for something I could make within thirty minutes without him noticing.

I found a pouch of gelatin, a small bag of raisin and a can of condensed milk. I spent ten minutes mixing the hot mixture on top of the stove. Poured it on the crystal oval, let it set and cut it into a heart shape (cuz I have no heart-shaped mold). I arranged the raisins on the side of the heart and poured condensed milk so it would stay in place...and viola! I have a heart-shaped jelly mold(read cut) for hubby.

Here is the finished experiment...err, product.

Labor of Love!

After the flowers have arrived, I gave him the jelly mold (read cut again). We had an exchange gift. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment